The following SOP is a guide line to prepare a local SOP for the test of compressed gas or air used in Clean Room.
– Standard Operating Procedure
Quantitative bioburden collection in compressed gas lines in Clean Room.
Microbiological quality evaluation of compressed air and gas.
Agar, Autoclave, Impact, Medium, Petri dish, SOP, Sterility, Sterilization, TBC
The local safety rules should be applied
- TRIO.BAS GAS compressed gas air sampler
- Inlet connections for compressed air or gas
- Petri dish with agar medium (e,g. TSA)
- Sterile spray disinfectant (e.g. 72% propyl alcohol)
- Plastic Bag to transfer the sample to the microbiology laboratory
Follow the Instruction Manual of the TRIO.BAS GAS air sampler.
Do not use the culture plate if there is the doubt that it is not sterile
Place the TRIO.BAS in its position (8). Press on the seal (9) and tighten the knobs (10) in order to guarantee a good adherence of the instrument head.
After the required gas quantity has been programmed (e.g. 1000 litres), start the sampling pressing GO! () button on the display of TRIO.BAS.